Here are some pictures from the 2014 Memorial Day event at the Makawao Veterans Cemetery. Governor Neil Abercrombe and Congresswoman and Army Captain Tulsi Gabbard were present. PHOTOS BY HOPSING COON.
Picture Catalogue, and much more. Even if you are not into this you might want to pass this treasure trove on to others who are.
• <http://acepilots.com/pioneers.html> Aviation Pioneers
• <http://acepilots.com/wwi/main.html> World War I Aces
• <http://acepilots.com/wwi/hfa.html> Hall of Fame of the Air
• <http://acepilots.com/usaaf_eto_aces.html> WW2 European Theater (ETO)
• <http://acepilots.com/usaaf_pto_aces.html> WW2 Pacific Theater (PTO)
• <http://acepilots.com/usmc_aces.html> WW2 US Marine Corps
• <http://acepilots.com/usn_aces.html> WW2 US Navy Aces
• <http://acepilots.com/usaaf_mto_aces.html> WW2 Mediterranean (MTO)
• <http://acepilots.com/german/ger_aces.html> WW2 German Aces
• <http://acepilots.com/korea_aces.html> Korean War Aces
• <http://acepilots.com/russian/rus_aces.html> Russian Aces
• <http://acepilots.com/vietnam/main.html> Vietnam Era Aces
• <http://acepilots.com/> Airplanes
• <http://acepilots.com/wwi/main.html> World War I Planes
• <http://acepilots.com/pioneer/air_photos.html> 1930sAircraft photos
• <http://acepilots.com/planes/main.html#fighters> WW2 Fighters
• <http://acepilots.com/planes/main.html#bombers> WW2 Bombers
• <http://acepilots.com/german/main.html> WW2 German Planes
• <http://acepilots.com/archives/main.html> WW2 Airplane Pictures
• <http://acepilots.com/airplanes/> History of Airplanes ___________ blog
• <http://acepilots.com/planes/nose_art.html> Nose Art WW II
• <http://acepilots.com/jets/main.html> Postwar __ Jets
• <http://acepilots.com/> World War Two_
• <http://acepilots.com/misc_ww2.html> WW2 Facts and Firsts
• <http://acepilots.com/medals/main.html> WW2 Medals
• <http://acepilots.com/ww2/museums.html> WW2 Museums
• <http://acepilots.com/ww2/pictures.html> WW2 Pictures
• <http://acepilots.com/ships/main.html> WW2 Ships
• <http://acepilots.com/ww2/weapons.html> WW2 __ Weapons
Someone put a lot of effort into this.
Click on any link for WW2 Information.
The Dept. of Agriculture has confirmed that Little Fire Ants have been found on Maui, imported on hapu`u tree ferns from the Big Island. Lowe’s and Home Depot nurseries have not yet found all the ferns that they sold. Timing is essential!
Little fire ants have the potential to destroy our very way of life on Maui and severely damage our economy. They have already impacted the Big Island in a terrible way. We need to do everything we can to try & contain this threat. The damage they could do to our lands, homes, agricultural endeavors, pets, recreation, and the tourism industry are incredibly serious.
Please watch this documentary and pass it on to everyone you know
Dear Members of our Armed Forces, our Veterans, our family members, and our Veterans Organizations,
We have been receiving complaints concerning violations occurring at our Hawaii State Veterans Cemetery at Kaneohe. These infractions have been taking place during the weekends and on holidays when the State Cemetery Staff is not on duty. We have repeatedly passed out information to our Veterans through the Oahu Veterans Council over the last three months and through briefings with Veterans Organizations as well as with members of the general public during our weekday operations. Unfortunately, the violations have persisted. Consequently, the State Office of Veterans Services is reviewing measures to place uniform security on duty for these periods. Security personnel will advise clientele visiting the cemetery of the rules violation, present them a copy of the rules and regulations, and ask them to comply. If they choose not to comply, the uniformed security will request that they leave the cemetery. If they are still non-compliant, the uniformed security will contact the Honolulu Police Department for removal and enforcement. There is no plausible reason for the latter to ever occur. For those loved ones who are buried at our State Veterans Cemeteries, we accomplish pre-burial meetings with all families and they sign an agreement concerning the rules and standards for the cemetery. These cemetery rules were established to maintain respect, honor, and dignity for all those who are buried and those who visit these hallowed grounds. Attached are our current cemetery rules and standards. These rules apply specifically to our Hawaii State Veterans Cemetery in Kaneohe, but we are asking our County Directors on our neighbor islands who maintain our Veterans Cemeteries to adopt these measures as well to ensure these high standards are maintained. Please feel free to share this info with your fellow Veterans, your family members, and finally, your friends. Our goal and objective is to ensure our State Veterans Cemeteries are maintained at a level of excellence…we owe this to the sacrifices of all those who have made these hallowed grounds their final resting place.
Thank you in advance for your kokua and assistance!
I am passing on information about our Adult Day Health Program. Please feel free to pass this on or let us know if there is any chapter / organization / group that might be interested in this program.
Michelle Draculan, RN, is the Adult Day Health Program Director. She is available as a guest speaker and to give interested parties tours etc.
All the best,
Yukio Okutsu State Veterans Home
1180 Waianuenue Avenue
Hilo, Hawaii 96720
Michelle Draculan, RN
Director of Adult Day Health
Yukio Okutsu State Veterans Home
1180 Waianuenue Ave.
Hilo, Hi 96720