WHO: All Veterans eligible for health care at the VA Pacific Islands Health Care System.
Must call for an appointment 1-800-214-1306 to guarantee a spot.
WHAT: Health Care Providers will be providing COVID-19 Vaccines to registered Veterans
WHERE: Spark Matsunaga VA Medical Center Ambulatory Care Center Honolulu, Hawaii 96819
WHEN: Monday – Friday until 3 p.m. Saturday appointments available.
One Team, One Ohana!
Public Affairs Officer
VA Pacific Islands Health Care System
Office: (808) 433-0049
Cell: (808) 208-5544
VAPIHCS USAJOBS: https://www.hawaii.va.gov/careers/index.asp
Weekly Radio VA Updates
- TUESDAYS 8:30 a.m. 830AM KHVH with Rick Hamada
- THURSDAYS 5:30 p.m. on AM690 The Answer – Aligned with Veterans hour with Mike Buck
by JIMMY PANETTA
Veterans Day provides an opportunity to recognize and honor all men and women who have answered the call of duty through military service to the United States of America. It also is a day on which our communities not only must express our appreciation, but also strengthen our spirit for those who served and are serving our country.
Click below for full article.
About this Event
This year’s 10th Annual Suicide Prevention Summit will focus on the impacts of COVID-19, systemic racism and oppression, and community violence. Our goal is to bring together the brightest minds in Suicide Prevention, to present talks that foster hope, transformation and well-being. Collectively we will explore the role all of us can play in suicide prevention.
Day 3 – Sept 11th: 8:30 am – 2:00 pm (Hosted by CalVet)
This session requires special registration – space is limited. Please complete Eventbrite registration to receive Zoom instructions.
08:30 – 09:00: 9/11 Commemoration Ceremony: Moment of Silence & Reflection.
- Introduction: Keith Boylan-Deputy Secretary-Veterans Services Division, CalVet
- Welcome: Colette Thomas (LACDMH), James Zenner (VPAN LACDMH), Steve Peck (CEO, U.S. VETS)
09:00 – 10:30: Session 1: Military & Suicide
- Keynote April Foreman (American Association of Suicidology, Exec Board) “Focusing on the impacts of COVID-19, systemic racism and oppression, and community violence”
10:40 – 12:10: Session 2: First Responders & Veterans “Who watches the watchers? Protecting and serving those who Protect & Serve”
- Speakers include: Brian Malte (Hope & Heal Fund), Miatta Snetter (U.S. VETS), and Crystal Williams (LACDMH) and more TBA.
- Moderated by: David Weiner (Former Chief of Police, Long Beach VA)
12:30 – 14:00: Session 3: Panel Discussion: “Bringing hope to life: What Suicide Prevention means to me”
- Panelists include: Tess Banko (UCLA/VA Veterans Family Wellness Center), Roberto Alvarez (LA County 5th District Supervisor Kathryn Barger, Special Assistant, Military and Veterans Affairs), Nathan Graeser (Brigade Chaplain, California Army National Guard), and Eric Barrera (VPAN LACDMH & Marine Corps Veteran)
- Moderated by: Robert K. Stohr (Executive Director, U.S. VETS Patriotic Hall)
Learn more about our speakers below
Speakers will be updated soon