NEW REQUIRED PASS for GATE ACCESS TO TRIPLER
EFFECTIVE OCT 1. 2018
Effective OCT 1, 2018, the Department of the Army will no longer recognize Veteran Health Information Cards (VHIC) for access to Tripler Army Medical Center. Please note the following does not apply to Veterans and their caregivers who have a Military Retiree ID, Military Dependent ID, CAC ID, or PIV Card.
In order for Veterans and their caregivers to obtain timely access and prevent delays to VA services, the following must be completed:
Veteran and their caregiver must present a valid driver’s license or state ID and proof of social security number and have photographs taken at either:
- Spark M. Matsunaga Ambulatory Care Center between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday – Friday (Modular 5, Second Floor)
- Army Garrison Visitor Control Center (VCC), Building 6508, Leilehua, Wahiawa, HI Golf Course between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday (please note the VCC is closed daily from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- Vet Mobile at Oahu Veteran Center –1298 Kukila Street Honolulu, HI 96818,
Every 3rd Thursday of the Month
- Neighbor Islands Veterans can get their CAP card processed at the VA CBOCs
- Background Check will be performed and approved (this may take up to 30 days).
- Control Access Pass (CAP), valid for two years
- VA will contact Veteran and their caregiver to pick-up pass
If a Veteran or their caregiver has “non-favorable” background information, that prevents the issuance of a CAP, our CAP Card Taskforce Lead will make contact to discuss the process of submitting a USAG Hawaii Access Control Denial Waiver Application and continued VA services options. Our VA PIHCS Call Center 1 (800) 214-1306
We strive to provide the excellent service you have earned and deserve. Our objective is to provide a smooth process for this transition to ensure timely delivery of care.
If you have questions regarding this policy contact the Army Garrison Visitor Control Center at (808) 655-1620.
One thought on “NEW REQUIRED PASS for GATE ACCESS TO TRIPLER ”
I filed out the paper work and had my picture taken at Tripler. But i never got my badge or pass access for Tripler for my VA care.