Adecco Engineering and Technical, a division of the world leader in the recruitment of engineering and information technology professionals, has an immediate opening for a Field Support Technician with a leading company in the field of navigation equipment for automotive services.
Our client offers turn key solutions for installation, operation and maintenance of some of the best navigation equipment on the market. This equipment is deployed in automobiles for some of the worlds largest providers in the rental business, there is never a shortage in work to be accomplished when contracting for a client as deeply rooted in the industry as ours is. If you are looking for a stable work environment, are flexible to travel a great deal within the Hawaiian Islands and are savvy in electronics and installation projects, please apply today!
Performs installations, de-installations, maintenance, and field modifications to ensure reliable performance of navigation equipment using Navigation Solutions’ approved methods and workmanship standards. Maintains customer relations on an operations level and provides technical assistance to rental car companies personnel and customers on product functionality. Position may require limited travel at some locations.
- High School graduate preferred
- Minimum of 1 year professional 12-volt installation experience or formal electronics training such as a certificate, degree or MECP certification, or satisfactory combination of work experience and formal electronics training.
- Capable of individual quality decisions independent of direct supervision, setting proper task priorities, efficiently managing time and company resources.
- Good problem solving skills for on the spot resolution to customer concerns.
- Basic computer, customer service, problem solving and good communication skills required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
· Perform installations, removals and audits for the navigation systems in rental cars
· Audit all navigation units in the ready-to-rent area to ensure that units are functional and in proper working order. Check antenna revision, condition and SNR level, verify correct wiring, system time and location, determine start-up condition and repair as necessary; check for current instruction cards and software version, and upgrade hardware/software as applicable.
· Assist customers with product functionality and respond, if directed, by a director or program manager, to off-lot customer issues within a 10 mile radius of the lot
· Maintain product inventory as necessary
· Perform maintenance of installed products as necessary
· Identify opportunities to maximize installed units and keep shelf inventory to a minimum
· Present professional image in conduct, attitude and appearance
· Submit regularly scheduled field reports as required
Senior Technical Recruiter
Adecco Engineering and Technical
1860 Howe Ave, Suite #130
Sacramento, CA 95825
Proud Sponsor of Team USA